Bailey Cavalieri LLC is seeking an experienced legal billing specialist. This fulltime position presents an excellent opportunity to join a collegial, team-oriented, and thriving Columbus law firm.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full cycle billing including electronic billing submission and follow-up.
- Monitor and edit prebills.
- Strong ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner.
- Accurately handle a high volume of bills per month.
- Analyze invoice information to identify discrepancies and ensure compliance with all corporate guidelines.
- Submit timekeeper/rate/matter information to clients/vendors for approval.
- Ensure successful submission of electronic invoices and process any necessary appeals.
- Work with attorneys and staff to finalize invoices.
- Research, analyze and respond to billing issues and inquiries.
- Collaborate with the accounting team to ensure that department functions are performed accurately and timely.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Back-up other accounting team members.
- Perform other functions and duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree or higher preferred.
- Law firm billing or accounting experience required.
- Basic knowledge of electronic billing vendors, websites and formats.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Must possess excellent follow-up skills.
What is it like to work at Bailey Cavalieri?
- Bailey Cavalieri values people. Our culture reflects the respect we have for each team member and the talent they bring to their position.
- We offer a generous compensation and benefits package to help ensure that our team can focus on performing their best each day.
- We believe that your career should be meaningful. We encourage skill advancement by providing resources and regular opportunities for training.
Bailey Cavalieri is committed to fostering a working environment and atmosphere that values and respects the ideas, contributions, and creativity of each of the individuals that work with us. We enrich the service we provide by seeking and honoring diverse perspectives. Get to us know us better by visiting www.baileycav.com. We look forward to learning more about you and the valuable experience you offer. Please forward resume to: Becky Hartman, Firm Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org