Bailey Cavalieri LLC is seeking a dynamic mid-to-senior level associate to join the General Corporate Counsel section of its Corporate practice group. This associate will have the opportunity to work on sophisticated and complex corporate counsel and regulatory compliance projects, while serving as counsel to Fortune 500 and 100 companies nationwide. Among other things, the position includes involvement in challenging and interesting projects in or related to contract drafting, editing and negotiating, Federal Trade Commission advertising law compliance, unclaimed property compliance and audit defense, regulatory matters, company formation, preparation of entity formation and governance documents, business litigation, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures of corporate entities, and real estate transactions. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in an in-house or private corporate role handling various business transactions, including contract matters, business formation, corporate governance and mergers and acquisitions. Candidates must have a sound business sense and the ability to manage effectively internal and external counsel and client relationships. Candidates should also demonstrate strong analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills. Job training would be provided in areas that would be new to the candidate as long as the candidate has a strong foundation of experience in general corporate matters or contract matters.
- Dynamic and confident personality
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Outstanding project management skills and capacity to work with multiple attorneys on a variety of assignments
- Organized, exceptional attention to detail, efficient, and collegial with self-starting work ethic
- Works to anticipate client needs; forward-thinking and solutions-oriented approach
- Desire to represent the Firm with integrity and professionalism
Additional Valuable Credentials or Experience
- Experience in regulatory compliance matters and/or dealing with government agencies
- Exposure to unclaimed property law compliance
- Strong business and professional network
What is it like to work at Bailey Cavalieri?
Bailey Cavalieri values people and believes that your career should be meaningful. Our culture reflects the respect we have for all team members and the talent they bring to their positions. We believe in education and advancement of our attorneys and the staff that supports them. We offer a generous compensation and benefits package to help ensure that our team can focus on performing its best each day.
Ready for the next step?
Submit resume with cover letter to Becky Hartman email@example.com