A member of the Corporate Practice group, David is experienced in advising business enterprises on matters of business formation and capitalization, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, asset purchases, joint ventures, technology transfers and licensing, financial institution regulation, NPI privacy issues, contract drafting and negotiations, and commercial leases. David joined Bailey Cavalieri after serving at Battelle Memorial Institute, where his work included technology start up efforts and technology transfer initiatives. He has also advised a broad range of nonprofit organizations, both secular and religious.
- Conducted business transactions and commercialization efforts in various fields of technology for a $5 billion non-profit applied science and technology corporation, including formation of international subsidiaries, capitalization and strategic growth of technology spinoffs, and negotiation of research and development agreements.
- Served as legal counsel to a central Ohio primary care hospital and physicians' professional corporation, advising on physician employment contracts, vendor and software agreements and corporate governance issues.
- Represented clients in mergers and acquisitions of healthcare, manufacturing, energy and technology corporations with market values of $10 million to over $1 billion.
- Assisted with the organization and development of multiple central Ohio technology companies.
- Assisted for-profit and nonprofit entities with corporate formations, employment and service agreements, licensing arrangements and various matters of corporate governance.
- Served in the Judge Advocate General's Corps, XVIII Airborne Corps and U.S. Army Reserve.
- Served as a Federal Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable James L. Graham, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Legal Considerations for Nonprofit Directors, Nonprofit Evolution Board Builder's Seminars.
- Licensing for Social Enterprises, Tony R. Wells Foundation Social Impact Investing Seminars.
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Foundation Life Fellow
- Board of Directors, St. Gabriel Radio
- Board of Advisors, Saint Paul's Outreach
- Board of Directors, Catholic Men's Ministry
- Host of "From The Chair" (St. Gabriel Radio)
- Cofounder, United Hands to Nepal
- Cofounder, Columbus Christmas in April
- Member, Sovereign Military Order of Malta
- Member, Knights of Columbus
- Member, St. Andrew Preschool Parents Council
- Federal Laboratory Consortium Award for Excellence in Technology Transfer
- Battelle Memorial Institute Key Contributor Awards
- Ohio State Bar Foundation Award for Community Service by Lawyers 40 and Under
- Columbus Bar Association Community Service Award
- Grace Kindig Award (Metropolitan Human Services Commission)
- Business First "40 Under 40" Award
- Army Commendation Medal
- Notre Dame Law School (J.D.)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A.)
- U.S. Army JAG School
- Contract Law
- Fiscal Law
- Administrative Law
- Officer Basic Course
- State of Ohio
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio