David represents insurance companies with respect to complex class action securities litigation, shareholder derivative litigation, governmental investigations and other challenging insurance coverage matters involving directors and officers (“D&O”), financial institution, fiduciary and professional liability insurance. David’s D&O insurance experience includes advising insurers about Side-A “difference-in-conditions” insurance claims and indemnification issues under Delaware law. David has represented insurers with respect to malpractice claims against large law firms under lawyers professional liability insurance policies and has assisted in the prosecution of attorneys for violations of Ohio’s former Code of Professional Responsibility. Before joining Bailey Cavalieri in 2003, David was a litigation associate with a national law firm practicing in the areas of professional liability defense and products liability defense. David received his law degree from the Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University. David graduated from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, a Certificate of Study in Middle East Studies and a Minor in Philosophy.
- D&O insurance and litigation
- Coverage and monitoring counsel
- Sample list of D&O claims representation:
- Activision Blizzard, Inc.
- Ally Financial, Inc. (Residential Capital, LLC)
- Digital Domain Media Group
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Co.
- MBIA Inc.
- MGM Resorts International
- Motorola, Inc.
- SRA International, Inc.
- Tower Group International, Ltd.
- Walt Disney Co.
- Wilmington Trust Corporation
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member, Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Member, Columbus and Ohio State Bar Associations
- Former Board Member and Treasurer of Central Community House
- United Way of Central Ohio's Young Leadership Group
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Business and Online Editor The Ohio State Law Journal
- Associate Justice, Moot Court and Lawyering Skills Governing Board
- Civil Rights Moot Court Team
- Public Service Fellow
- The Ohio State University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1996)
- Ohio, 2000
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2001
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2001