Dennis focuses his practice on labor law, employment discrimination and wrongful discharge cases, collective bargaining, employment contracts and development of employment policies.
- Defended numerous employers against employment discrimination charges.
- Argued orally before NLRB in initial Health Care bargaining unit cases.
- Has handled numerous union decertification and deauthorization proceedings for employers and for employee groups.
- Has preserved non-union status of numerous employers and obtained non-union status for currently unionized employers.
- Represents both private and public sector employers in collective bargaining negotiations, unfair labor practice proceedings and arbitration cases.
- Has practiced before eight regions of the NLRB as well as the full NLRB in Washington, D.C.
- Has represented numerous employers in connection with strikes and the replacement of striking employees.
- Is actively engaged in defending alleged wrongful discharge and employment-related tort cases.
- Consults on Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act and on Wage and Hour (Fair Law Standards Act, Ohio prevailing wage statute) issues.
- Has represented employees in discrimination actions.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member Region 9 Practice and Procedure Committee
- Former member of Board of Governors of OSBA Labor & Employment Law Section
- Former adjunct professor of Labor Law, The Ohio State University
- Former adjunct professor of Labor and Employment Law, Capital University Paralegal Institute
- Former Member of Ohio Management Lawyers Association
- Who's Who in America
- Best Lawyers in America
- University of Michigan (J.D., 1963)