James focuses his practice on directors and officers liability insurance, professional liability insurance and coverage litigation. In his practice, James serves as coverage, and claims monitoring counsel for insurance companies providing primary and excess coverage for director and officer liability in a wide array of claims involving professional liability, employment liability, and other commercial issues. James also has experience assisting insurance carriers with regulatory and corporate matters, including legal entity rationalization, bringing new products to market, and collection of telematics data.
James received his law degree from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he graduated with honors. As a law student, James served as Editor-in-Chief of the Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law. Prior to attending law school, he received his B.A. in English and International Studies from The Ohio State University.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Affiliate Transfers: A Practical Guide for Migrating Insurance Policies Between Legal Entities, The Regulator 14 (Aug. 1, 2018), https://go-ires.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/IRES-The-Regulator-SUMMER-2018.pdf.
- Class Action Waivers and the Vindication of Statutory Rights: What Has Happened Since AT&T v. Concepcion? 6 Resolved J. Alternate Disp. Resol. 38 (2016).
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member, Columbus Bar Association and Ohio State Bar Association
- Volunteer, Franklin County Dog Shelter
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2015) cum laude
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2010) cum laude