James is an associate in the firm's Insurance Regulatory and Corporate Groups. He assists insurance companies, financial institutions, and other businesses in connection with a wide array of legal matters. Among other things, James has worked on compliance programs, acquisitions, joint ventures, and securities offerings. A significant portion of James’s practice is devoted to drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
James received his law degree from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he graduated with honors. As a law student, James served as Editor-in-Chief for the Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law. Prior to attending law school, he received his B.A. in English and International Studies from The Ohio State University.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Class Action Waivers and the Vindication of Statutory Rights: What Has Happened Since AT&T v. Concepcion? 6 Resolved J. Alternate Disp. Resol. (2016).
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Volunteer, Franklin County Dog Shelter
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2015) cum laude
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2010) cum laude