Pembe is an associate in the firm’s Director and Officer Liability Group. She focuses her practice on directors’ and officers’ liability and insurance, professional liability insurance, and insurance coverage litigation.
Before joining Bailey Cavalieri, Pembe served as a litigation associate, focused on complex commercial litigations; and as a transactional associate focused on employee benefits, executive compensation, and compliance. Pembe has served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Sarah L. Cave of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York; as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Peggy Kuo of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York; and as a judicial intern to Chief Judge Susan G. Braden of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Pembe received her J.D. from Howard University School of Law, where she graduated in the top 12% of her class and received the Friend of Justice Award for her pro bono work. She attained her LL.M. from The George Washington University Law School; and received her Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, from The Ohio State University.
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Urban League Young Professionals
- Member, John Mercer Langston Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- The George Washington University Law School, LL.M (2018)
- Howard University School of Law, J.D. (2015)
- The Ohio State University, cum laude (2011)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York