Tim practices in the areas of bankruptcy, corporate reorganization, debtor and creditor rights, commercial law, and civil litigation.
- Represented creditors, debtors, trustees, examiners, receivers, and creditor committees in bankruptcy court proceedings or state and federal court litigation including receiverships, foreclosure actions, replevin actions, prejudgment attachment proceedings, proceedings in aid of execution, and insurance company insolvencies.
- Represented creditors, secured and unsecured, and debtors in commercial and consumer collection matters, transactions, and workouts.
- Prosecuted and defended avoidance and recovery actions (e.g. fraudulent conveyances, preference claims, stay litigation and nondischargeability litigation).
- Represented corporations investigating actions of its former officers and directors and concerning issues of corporate governance.
- Represented appellants and appellees in appeals of bankruptcy court decisions to the district court, BAP and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Past Co-Author Martindale-Hubbell Law Digest Annual Ohio Debtor and Creditor Law Summary.
- Ohio CLE Institute Presenter: "Execution Against Personal Property"
- Columbus Bar Association Presenter: "Enforcement of Judgments" and "Servicemember Civil Relief Act and Bankruptcy"
- National Business Institute Faculty Member: Real Estate Law: Credit and Bankruptcy Issues
- Brief national guard and reserve military units regarding civilian employment rights and duties
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Committee, Columbus Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Northern and Southern Federal Districts of Ohio/ Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Past Co-chair, Professional Development Sub-committee, Young Lawyer Committee, Columbus Bar Association
- Past Coordinator, CBA Lawyers for Justice
- ESGR Ombudsman, Past-Ombudsman Coordinator, and Central Ohio Committee Member (Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve)
- Board of Directors, Foundation for Ohio Guard and Reserve
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Kent State University (B.A., 1984)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth District