Yvette practices in the areas of bankruptcy, commercial banking and finance, commercial law and transactions, workout and transaction restructure, creditor and debtor rights, corporate reorganization and commercial litigation. She is a frequent lecturer on creditor and debtor rights, and she has presented at numerous seminars for the Columbus Bar Association, The Ohio State Bar Association, and various other organizations and businesses.
- Negotiation and documentation of lending transactions - commercial, real estate, construction and development, retail finance, vehicle and equipment floorplan finance and receivables warehouse finance.
- Formation and representation of National Bank operating subsidiary relative to certification as a Community Development Entity in successful application for allocation of tax credits under New Markets Tax Credit Program, U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- Representation of National Bank in matters with the United States Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and matters with the Federal Reserve Bank and Federal Reserve Board of Governors.
- Representation of National Bank in formation of Financial Holding Company.
- Representation of Bankers Bank in formation of Financial Holding Company.
- Representation of National Bank as Lender in loans involving fleet motor vehicle leases held by Delaware Titling Trust.
- Representation of various financial institutions in regulatory and compliance matters.
- Representation of sellers in sale of manufacturing facilities at multiple locations in reorganization context with adverse creditors.
- Defense of fiduciaries in action filed by debtor; issues of fiduciary status, res judicata and collateral estoppel.
- Represented major secured commercial lenders in Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings.
- Represented as counsel and special counsel numerous other creditors, trustees and creditors' committees in Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings.
- Represented numerous financial institutions in lending workout and problem loan restructure.
- Represented numerous financial institutions in threatened and/or filed lender liability actions.
- Represented debtors in successful Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings.
- Prosecuted commercial foreclosures and other commercial litigation with receivers.
- Initiated and prosecuted state court receivership for principal secured creditor to sell multi-state steel processing facilities as going concerns or at liquidation. (Successfully obtained dismissal of two involuntary filings during pendency of receivership.)
- Conducted hearings on valuation of commercial enterprises, (e.g., apartment complexes, hotels, manufacturing facilities).
- Prosecuted Creditor Chapter 11 plan through confirmation and consummation.
- Defended and prosecuted commercial bankruptcy litigation (e.g., fraudulent conveyances, preferences, stay litigation, dischargeability, venue and bad faith filing litigation.)
- Sale-leaseback/transaction interpretation litigation on behalf of commercial mortgage lender.
- Representation of commercial landlords in Chapter 11 cases.
- Representation of Disbursing Agent with claims review responsibility in significant Chapter 11 case (prosecuted over 300 claims objections, including those involving retail shopping center leases).
- Prosecution of injunction action involving proprietary information and trade secrets.
- Defense of wrongful termination action by former bank officer against national bank. Contested matter relative to Fifth Amendment issues in the context of a Chapter 11 case.
- Successful prosecution of the first "fast track" Chapter 11 in the Southern District of Ohio.
- Successful prosecution of first Chapter 12 cases in the Southern District of Ohio
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Columbus Bar Association (Bankruptcy Committee, past chair; United States Bankruptcy Court Judicial Liaison Committee, past chair)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Selected as an "Ohio Super Lawyer," by Law & Politics, 2007 Edition, 2008 Edition and 2009 Edition
- Capital University Law School, (J.D.) Order of the Curia
- The Ohio State University (B.A.; M.A.)
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Northern Districts of Ohio