Further your career by joining Bailey Cavalieri as a litigation legal assistant. This position offers a dynamic environment that allows you to develop your skills with each case you work on. You will be exposed to multiple facets of the legal system and gain vital experience that can help shape your future career.
Our workplace is centered around a collaborative attitude, with a focus on growth. We believe in ongoing education and create opportunities to recognize those who put in extra effort.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing agendas & calendars, setting up meetings, and collecting information in anticipation of client meetings, court proceedings, etc.
- Creating slides and spreadsheets for the attorneys
- Acting as a liaison, and interacting with clients and other external parties through phone calls, face-to-face meetings, and correspondence
- Preparing, proofreading, and organizing legal documents and reports
- Coordinating travel arrangements and resolving any travel conflicts that arise
- Tracking billable hours and processing expenses
- Maintaining electronic files using a document management system while identifying files to be closed
- Alerting the attorney of any outstanding business or potential issues
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED (bachelor's degree preferred)
- 4+ years experience with legal assistance with a focus on Litigation
- Knowledge of legal terminology and legal processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed to meet the demands of the role
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
This full-time, non-exempt role is based in our Columbus, OH office.
ABOUT THE FIRM:
Bailey Cavalieri values our people and believes that your career should be meaningful. Our culture reflects the respect we have for each team member and the talent they bring to their position. We believe in the education and advancement of our attorneys and the staff that support them.
Bailey Cavalieri offers a comprehensive benefits program including paid time off, paid holidays, medical, dental, and life insurance. We also offer a business casual work environment with dress-down Fridays.
Bailey Cavalieri is located in the heart of Columbus, situated on the corner of High and Broad streets, with a parking garage linked to the LaVeque Tower. Our workplace has been recently renovated and provides updated office space for comfort while working.
Bailey Cavalieri is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, seek qualified applicants, and make personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
READY FOR THE NEXT STEP?
Send your resume to Becky Hartman email@example.com