Bailey Cavalieri’s nationally recognized Directors and Officers Liability (D&O) Group is looking for a junior to mid-level associate to join our team in Columbus, Ohio. This practice represents domestic and international insurers that issue director and officer and other sophisticated professional lines insurance products. The ideal candidate need not have prior related experience, but must be bright, an excellent writer, and adept learner. Successful members of our group have come from various backgrounds including but not limited to commercial litigation, corporate work, private practice or the public sector.
Associate will interact directly with partners and clients with the goal of taking on increasing responsibility and building the skills necessary to manage complex cases independently.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing third-party insurance policies, drafting coverage opinions and providing coverage advice to insurance company clients;
- Corresponding with clients, opposing counsel, and other interested parties;
- Monitoring and evaluating claims, including securities class action, derivative and other litigation against insureds;
- Conducting complex legal research and analysis, and drafting memoranda;
- Assisting periodically in federal and state litigation, including declaratory judgment actions brought by insurer clients and defending insurer clients in litigation filed by policyholders;
- Attending mediations as required.
Education and Skills required:
- Admitted to practice in Ohio (or with plans to become admitted in Ohio);
- Excellent academic credentials;
- Exceptional legal writing and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong work ethic and a sense of ownership over work;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
What is it like to work at Bailey Cavalieri?
- Bailey Cavalieri values people and believes that your career should be meaningful. Our culture reflects the respect we have for each team member and the talent they bring to their position.
- We offer a generous compensation and benefits package to help ensure that our team can focus on performing their best each day.
Bailey Cavalieri is committed to fostering a working environment and atmosphere that values and respects the ideas, contributions, and creativity of each of the individuals that work with us. We enrich the service we provide by seeking and honoring diverse perspectives. Get to know us better by visiting www.baileycav.com. We look forward to learning more about you and the valuable experience you offer.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to:
Becky Hartman email@example.com