Adam concentrates his practice in the areas of Chapter 11 reorganizations, creditors' rights and remedies, business/corporate, and commercial transactions. He has represented Chapter 11 debtors and has advised creditors of insolvent debtors in insolvency proceedings and out-of-court workouts. As a member of the Columbus Bar Association's Bankruptcy Committee, Adam has helped plan seminars, including the annual Bankruptcy Law Institute and a seminar on the 2005 amendments to the Bankruptcy Code (BACPA). Adam regularly participates as a panel member and presenter at these seminars. Adam's business/corporate practice focuses on the representation of business clients on a variety of corporate matters, from entity formation, to the negotiation and enforcement of contracts, to corporate restructuring.
- Advised Chapter 11 debtors on bankruptcy issues ranging from pre-petition operations and initial filing to confirmation and consummation of plan of reorganization.
- Advised commercial lenders and other secured and unsecured creditors in connection with bankruptcy reorganizations and liquidations.
- Advised plaintiffs and defendants in commercial bankruptcy litigation.
- Participated in Judicial Externship Program with Bankruptcy Judge, 1995.
- Drafted documentation for, and assisted in negotiating and closing, commercial loans on behalf of both lenders and borrowers.
- Assisted in negotiating and closing leveraged buyouts, warehouse loans and other commercial lending transactions.
- Advised national and state banks on issues regarding the organization of bank/financial holding companies; drafted documentation for organization of bank/financial holding companies and shepherded applications through federal and state agencies.
- Advised national and state financial institutions on regulatory matters before federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Advised major hospital network regarding corporate restructuring of network affiliates and drafted documents to accomplish portions of the restructuring.
- Drafted and assisted in negotiating organizational and other documents for a reorganization and acquisition that created the seventh largest real estate firm in nation.
- Drafted documentation for, and assisted in negotiating and closing, mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations of both public and private corporations.
- Drafted and negotiated various business contracts, including contracts for employment, consulting, non-competition and confidentiality, sales of goods and services, secured loans, software license and development, and website terms.
- Advised clients on choice of entity issues and documented formation of new business entities.
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member, Kiwanis Club of Columbus
- Board of Trustees, 2002-2004
- Member, Prince of Peace Church, Dublin, OH
- Volunteer, LifeCare Alliance/Meals on Wheels
- Member of Operazzi (support group for Opera Columbus)
- Member, Columbus Bar Association, Bankruptcy Committee
- Presenter, "Buy-Sell Agreements," Corporate Basics 1999 (OSBA Continuing Legal Education Institute, 1999)
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., 1995)
- Ohio Wesleyan University (B.A., magna cum laude, History, 1991)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio