Brian is an associate in the firm’s Director and Officer Liability Group. He focuses his practice on directors’ and officers’ liability and insurance, professional liability insurance, and insurance coverage litigation. Before joining the firm, Brian was an Assistant Attorney General with the Antitrust Section of the Ohio Attorney General’s Office. In this role, he focused on complex litigation and investigations that involved other attorneys general and the U.S. Department of Justice. During law school, Brian worked for The Ohio State University’s in-house legal affairs group, the Ohio Treasurer of State, and as a research assistant to his constitutional law professor. Brian received his law degree from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, cum laude, and served on the Ohio State Law Journal. Brian also received his Bachelor of Arts degree from The Ohio State University, summa cum laude, and majored in History and Political Science.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Disclosing Bribes in Disguise: Campaign Contributions as Implicit Bribery and Enforcing Violations Impartially, U. Pa. J. Const. L. 1435 (2015).
- Finding Life in Hurricane Shelby: Reviving the Voting Rights Act by Reforming Section 3 Preclearance, 75 Ohio St. L.J. 969 (2014).
- First Place, Strong Award for Legal Writing, Moritz College of Law, 2015
- Recipient, Council of Retail Merchants Legislation Clinic Award, Moritz College of Law, 2015
- Winner, Epstein Becker & Green National Health Law Writing Competition, 2015
- Winner, Constance Baker Motley National Writing Competition, 2014
- Runner-up, Constance Baker Motley National Writing Competition, 2015
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Ohio State Bar Association
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, cum laude (2015)
- Bachelor of Arts from The Ohio State University, summa cum laude and Research Distinction in History (2012)
- Ohio (2015)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio (2017)