Dave practices in the areas of estate and business planning, corporate, and probate and trust administration.
- Estate planning
- Counsels privately-held businesses and their owners.
- Administration of estates with a wide range of tax and probate issues.
- Extensive experience with trusts, estate and gift tax planning with business entities, and asset protection planning.
- Estate and gift tax returns and audits.
- Probate and trust disputes.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Client Alert: American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
- Client Alert: An Important New Asset Protection Tool: The Ohio Legacy Trust Act, March 2013
- Client Alert: Estate Planning and Tax Issues after DOMA is Ruled Unconstitutional, August 2013
- Client Alert: Happy New Year! The Death Tax Lives, 2011
- Published in Capital University Law Review and Probate Law Journal of Ohio
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Ohio State Bar Association (Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section)
- Columbus Bar Association (Estate Tax and Business Tax Committees)
- Served on Executive Board of Capital University Law Review
- Top Young Lawyers in Ohio - Cincinnati Magazine
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Capital University Law School (J.D., 1998; cum laude)
- University of Dayton (M.B.A., 1997)
- Ohio University (B.B.A. in Business, 1991; cum laude)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Tax Court