David focuses his practice on directors and officers liability and insurance, professional liability insurance, and insurance coverage litigation. In his practice, David serves as coverage and claims monitoring counsel for insurance companies providing primary and excess coverage in connection with a wide array of claims involving professional liability, employment liability, and other commercial issues. David also has experience assisting insurance companies in analyzing matters submitted under financial institution bonds. Prior to joining the firm, David was a senior associate at a boutique law firm in Chicago, Illinois, where he served as coverage and monitoring counsel for domestic insurance companies, London-based companies, and Lloyd's syndicates in matters involving director and officer liability, professional liability, media liability, employment liability, fiduciary liability, and financial institution bond policies. David began his legal career as an Assistant Corporate Counsel for the City of Chicago's Department of Law, serving as primary litigation counsel in civil rights lawsuits filed in both federal and state courts. David received his law degree from Washington University in St. Louis, where he graduated in the top 15% of his class. Prior to that, David received his bachelor degree from the University of Arkansas with a double-major in English and Classical Studies.
- Experience representing insurance company clients in connection with a wide range of claims involving financial institutions, including claims by the FDIC as receiver of failed banks, claims against investment advisors and broker-dealers, and bond claims arising from cyber-crime and employee dishonesty.
- Experience representing clients in mediations before current and retired federal and state judges.
- Legal Intern with Equal Opportunity Commission's St. Louis Regional Office (2002).
- Legal Intern with white-collar crime unit of United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Illinois (2001).
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Co-Authored Articles addressing coverage issues under medical facility errors and omissions insurance policies (Michael J. Rosen & David A. Shedd, Falling Through the Cracks: Qui Tam Lawsuits And the Prior And Pending Litigation Exclusion, BUSINESS LAW & GOVERNANCE (American Health Lawyers Association Business Law and Governance Practice Group, Washington, D.C.), June 2009, at 6.)
- Co-presented directors' and officers' liability insurance webcast for the American Health Lawyers Association and participated as an expert in a related nationwide panel discussion.
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Volunteer, LifeCare Alliance "Meals on Wheels" Program
- Volunteer, Lutheran Social Services Food Pantries
- Volunteer, WYCA Family Center
- Parent and Community Board of Children First
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- University of Arkansas (B.A., 1997)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois