Don practices in the area of health care law, including, but not limited to, corporate, tax exemption, contracts, managed care and medical staff credentialing issues primarily for hospitals and health care systems. He also practices in the areas of Medicare/Medicaid fraud and abuse and Stark II.
- Represented health care organizations in mergers, consolidations and acquisitions.
- Developed multiple physician/hospital joint ventures.
- Represented health care systems in a variety of transactions, including counsel on corporate, tax, antitrust, and fraud and abuse impacts.
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Head of Bailey Cavalieri's Health Care Practice
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Health Care Committees: Ohio State and Columbus Bar Associations
- Ohio Society of Hospital Attorneys
- Board member and former chair American Cancer Society, Franklin County Advisory Board
- Former Board member, American Cancer Society, Ohio Division
- Former Board member, Columbus Bar Services Agency, Inc.
- Former Board member, Mount Carmel Health System Foundation
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America published by Woodward White, Inc.
- Recognized by the publishers of Law and Politics as a 2007 Super Lawyer
- Ohio State University Law School (J.D., 1962)
- Dartmouth College (A.B., 1959)