Jamie practices in the areas of commercial lending, unclaimed property and commercial transactions. He has over 33 years of experience representing lenders in a variety of commercial loan transactions. His practice has emphasized lending transactions for national and regional lenders, including all varieties of asset-based transactions; large corporate lending for both borrowers and lenders; and specialized lending transactions involving credit card receivables and aircraft.
Jamie has an extensive nationwide practice assisting retailers, insurance companies, manufacturers and distributors in connection with unclaimed property laws. Jamie provides advice regarding planning alternatives to minimize the liability for unclaimed funds and the related accounting reserve issues.
Jamie also serves as corporate counsel to a number of privately held companies. He assists these clients in matters involving their owners such as drafting operating agreements and issuing equity, and in mergers and acquisitions, as well as with all manner of standard contracting issues.
- Represents numerous retailers operating in all 50 states and numerous foreign countries in connection with point-of-sale, advertising, sales audit, gift card and unclaimed property issues.
- Represents many large life and property and casualty insurance companies in connection with Unclaimed Property audits and related matters.
- Expert witness in The State of Delaware vs. Card Compliant, L.L.C. regarding unclaimed property issues related to gift cards.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Virtual Realities and Real Unclaimed Property Issues
- Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization (UPPO) 2018 annual meeting, Tampa, Florida, on "Virtual Realities and Real Unclaimed Property Issues"
- Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization (UPPO) 2017 annual meeting, Austin, Texas on "Privilege and Privacy in Audits"
- Delaware's Authority to Claim Abandoned Property Owned to a Non-U.S. Last-Known Address
- Florida Unclaimed Property Insurance Settlement Model Conflicts with Fed Common Law Governing Priority of State Unclaimed Funds
- Life Insurance, Unclaimed Property and the Death Master File: Toward a Uniform National Framework
- U.S. Supreme Court Amicus Brief, Taylor vs. Yee
- Member of Government Relations Committee (GRAC) of Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Rating
- Listed in "The Best Lawyers in America" every year since 2003/2004 by Woodward/White Inc.
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section and Unclaimed Property Subcommittee
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Buckeye Ranch Foundation Board of Directors
- Member, Columbus Crew SC Foundation Board of Directors
- President, Central Ohio Civil War Roundtable
- Member, St. Francis DeSales High School Finance Committee
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., 1985) cum laude
- The University of Dayton (B.A., 1982) magna cum laude