Kathy serves as coverage and claims monitoring counsel for insurance companies providing primary and excess coverage for director and officer liability. Having practiced in this area for a number of years, Kathy has authored several articles on insurance-related topics and been a contributing author for the two-volume treatise, Liability of Corporate Officers and Directors (Eighth Edition, LexisNexis Matthew Bender Publishing). Prior to becoming a member of Bailey Cavalieri, she was Vice President, Associate Counsel for Banc One Corporation, where she served as its National Litigation Manager. Kathy received her law degree from the University of Michigan Law School and her bachelor's degree from The Ohio State University, where she graduated summa cum laude.
- D&O insurance and litigation:
- Monitoring claims
- Coverage counsel
- Represented companies in connection with D&O claims involving:
- Bank of America
- General Motors
- Goldman Sachs
- Served as in-house national litigation manager for Banc One Corporation.
- Served as national coordinating counsel for product liability cases pending against Fortune 150 corporation.
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Served on the Board of Governors for the Human Rights Campaign (2013 to 2015). Current donor and fundraiser.
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Legacy Fund of the Columbus Foundation (2007 to 2013).
- Donor and fundraiser for the Women's Fund of Central Ohio.
- Donor and fundraiser for the Go Red for Women Campaign of the American Heart Association.
- Donor and fundraiser for Lambda Legal, Equality Ohio, Stonewall Columbus, and the Kaleidoscope Youth Center.
- Volunteer, donor and fundraiser for numerous political candidates; member of the Ohio Delegation to the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1983)
- Ohio State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1980)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio