Mr. DePew is experienced in representing health care providers, hospitals, physicians, ambulatory surgery centers, long-term care systems, sleep centers, and businesses in areas such as Medicare reimbursement, false claims, fraud and abuse, Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, Stark Physician Self-Referral Law, HIPAA, joint ventures, exclusive agreements, managed care contracting, compliance, mergers and acquisitions, physician practices and physician-hospital joint ventures. Mr. DePew also represents emerging businesses, limited liability companies and corporations in areas such as business organization and planning, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, governance, and employee benefits.
- Represents hospitals, health systems and physician practices.
- Represented health care providers in mergers, acquisitions and consolidations.
- Developed multiple physician/hospital joint ventures.
- Represented health care providers in a variety of transactions, including counsel on corporate, tax, antitrust, and fraud and abuse and Stark.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, Mid-Ohio Medical Managers Association, "Americans with Disabilities Act"
- Speaker, American College of Radiology & Ohio Radiology Society, "Contracting with Physicians and Hospitals: No Pain, No Gain..." and "Physician Employment Agreements"
- Speaker, Ohio Legal Center Institute, "Medical & Infectious Waste - What You Need to Know to Represent Health Care Providers"
- Speaker, Ohio Legal Center Institute, "Professional Medical Practice - Choice of Entity"
- Speaker, Franklin University, "Physician Networks"
- Speaker, Columbus Medical Association, "Selling or Merging Your Medical Practice" and "Physician Contracting with Hospitals and Others"
- Recognized by Best Lawyers In America (Health Care Law)
- Ohio Super Lawyers¨
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV rating
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Arthritis Foundation of Central Ohio Board, Former Member
- Aviation Safety Institute Board Member
- Capital University Law School, J.D.
- The Ohio State University, B.S.