Mark focuses his practice on directors' and officers' liability and insurance and insurance coverage litigation. In Mark's practice, he serves as coverage and claims monitoring counsel for primary and excess insurers in a wide-array of complex litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Mark was a litigation associate at Isaac Wiles Burkholder & Teetor, LLC in Columbus, Ohio. At Isaac Wiles, Mark focused on insurance litigation and commercial litigation. Mark received his law degree from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he graduated Cum Laude. Prior to law school, Mark graduated Cum Laude from The Ohio State University with a bachelor's degree in political science.
- Experienced in litigating coverage claims on behalf of insurance carriers
- Experienced as lead counsel in all aspects of litigation, including drafting pleadings, motions, briefs, and written discovery, taking and defending depositions, attending mediations, presenting oral arguments, and conducting bench trials
- Experienced in appellate briefing and oral arguments
- Judicial Extern for Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice Maureen O'Connor
- Represented insurer in obtaining summary judgment based upon denial under insured v. insured exclusion. Czerwinski v. Scottsdale Ins. Co., 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 147727 (C.D. Cal. Sep. 11, 2017).
- Represented D&O and E&O insurers in connection with dozens of securities class actions, derivative claims, employment matters, professional liability claims, and other management liability claims.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- The Employee Free Choice Act: The Effect of Compulsory Interest Arbitration on Entrepreneurs -- Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal - 5 Entrepren. Bus. L.J. 177 (2010)
- Law You Can Use - Creditors Ask Asset Questions in Judgment Debtor Exams, Ohio State Bar Association, December 2012
- Finding Some Certainty in the Substantially Uncertain Realm of Employer Intentional Tort: The History of Compensating Workers in Ohio, OACTA Quarterly Review, June 2013 (Co-author)
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star, Insurance Coverage, 2016, 2017 & 2018
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Insurance Law, Interprofessional Patient/Client Care
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member, Columbus Bar Association and Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Volunteer Attorney, Operation Legal Help Ohio (Ohio Military/Veterans Legal Assistance Project)
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2011, Cum Laude)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2007, Cum Laude)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals