Joan is an Associate in the Corporate and Business Practice Group. She assists clients with entity formation, corporate governance, dissolutions, regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, contract drafting and other corporate matters.
Joan’s unclaimed property practice involves assisting clients with compliance, negotiation and resolution of voluntary disclosure agreements, audit defense, structuring gift card programs, policy and procedure implementation, and unclaimed property litigation.
Joan also assists borrowers and lenders with drafting, negotiating, and restructuring commercial lending transactions.
While earning her law degree, Joan served as a Managing Editor on the Ohio State Business Law Journal.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Business of Law – 2022
- Publication: Multiplayer Mode: How Balancing the Rights of Video Game Developers and Intellectual Property Owners Will Lead to Growth of the Video Game Industry, 15 Ohio St. Bus. L.J. 265 (2021).
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Member, Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization
- Fordham University (B.A. in International Political Economy, 2019)
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2022)