Josh practices in the areas of real estate, business and corporate law, and construction law. He assists business owners with a variety of issues throughout the lifecycle of their businesses, whether they are starting a new business, entering into a partnership, or selling their business. Josh provides guidance and solutions for business owners dealing with contracts (construction contracts, non-compete agreements, buy-sell agreements, and compensation agreements), real estate (purchases, sales and leases), mechanic’s liens, and succession planning.
Josh’s legal focus in serving business owners is rooted in his experience working for many years in his family’s company, DiYanni Homes. The experience of working in his family’s business has enhanced his understanding of the unique dynamics of small and mid-sized privately-held companies in order to help them grow from formation through succession. Josh utilizes this experience in assisting business owners with the organization of their business and providing consistent and continued guidance as their business matures.
Josh is valued by his clients for his responsiveness, big-picture thinking and creative approach to crafting solutions that are most advantageous to his clients. In his civic involvement, Josh focuses on supporting local businesses and enhancing access to legal services. He is a founding member and currently sits on the board of the East Columbus Business Association and has been involved with the Vineyard Community Church Legal Clinic, providing free legal assistance to members of his community. Josh also teaches Corporate Transactions as an adjunct professor at the Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University
Outside of his legal work, Josh can typically be found outdoors, playing sports, running 5Ks, snowboarding or hiking.
- Counsels real estate investors on purchases, ongoing compliance, and sales.
- Counsels owners of family owned and privately-held businesses.
- Assists construction companies (general contractors and subcontractors) in negotiation and enforcement of construction contracts.
- Counsels dentists on starting or purchasing practices, ongoing-compliance, and selling their practice.
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Ohio State Bar Association
- East Columbus Business Association
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University (J.D., 2011)
- Malone College, Canton, OH (B.A., Sports Science, Minor Business Administration
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Tax Court