Kimberly practices in the areas of commercial transactions, unclaimed property and commercial lending. She assists business clients in mergers and acquisitions, entity formation, governance and dissolution, contract drafting, and due diligence review. She also assists commercial lending institutions with drafting lending transaction documents.
Kimberly received her law degree from The Ohio State University where she served as Managing Editor for the Ohio State Business Law Journal. Prior to obtaining her graduate degree, Kimberly graduated summa cum laude from the University of Dayton with a Bachelor of Arts, double-majoring in English and Women & Gender Studies. Upon graduation from Dayton, Kimberly was awarded Honors with Distinction for her independent honors dissertation. Kimberly was also Captain of the University Dayton Mock Trial Team, Director of Administration for Alpha Phi Fraternity, Scholarship Chair for Panhellenic Council, and a member of the Dayton Academic Affairs Committee.
Kimberly helps clients navigate the complexities of unclaimed property planning, compliance, audit defense and unclaimed property litigation. She does this by creating step by step reporting guidelines for clients to help make the unclaimed property reporting and planning process as simple as possible. She also researches the intersection of state law, federal common law and constitutional law to help defend clients during unclaimed property audits. Kimberly is a member of UPPO.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Employment Law - 2018
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Accounting for Lawyers - 2017
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Real Estate Finance - 2017
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Transactional Lawyering - 2016
- Karam Award for Excellence in Legal Writing and Drafting - 2016
- University of Dayton’s Honors with Distinction Graduate - 2015
- Brothers Thomas Price Award for Excellence in the English Department - 2015
- Susan R. Hermes Award for Excellence in the Women and Gender Studies Department - 2015
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., 2018)
- University of Dayton, summa cum laude (B.A. with distinction English; Women & Gender Studies, 2015)