Sabrina is experienced in all aspects of business and commercial litigation at both state and federal levels. She has extensive experience drafting pleadings, motions, and briefs, conducting and responding to written discovery, collecting and evaluating evidence including electronically stored information, taking and defending depositions, conducting settlement negotiations and mediations, preparing witnesses, and trial practice. Sabrina has assisted clients in obtaining temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions, as well as defending against such actions. Her litigation experience includes handling contract disputes, construction disputes, civil rights disputes, shareholder disputes, employment disputes, real-estate disputes, and consumer class-action disputes. Sabrina has extensive experience litigating insurance-coverage disputes.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of insurer in coverage dispute involving multiple underlying actions and policies on the bases of failure to timely report and under an application exclusion. US HF Cellular Commus., Inc. v. Scottsdale Ins. Co., 2018 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 98019 (S.D. Ohio Jun. 12, 2018).
- Obtained summary judgment for insurer on a claim involving a minority shareholder dispute under an insured-versus-insured exclusion, decision upheld on appeal. Sunrise Specialty Co. v. Scottsdale Ins. Co., 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 131664 (N.D. Cal. Sept. 26, 2016), aff’d 707 Fed. Appx. 507 (9th Cir. 2017).
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of insurer in coverage dispute involving multiple insurers for failure to timely report, decision upheld on appeal. Black Bear Homeowner’s Ass’n v. Travelers Cas. & Sur. Co. of Am., et al., 2017 Fla. App. LEXIS 9144 (Fla. 5th DCA Jun. 20, 2017).
- Lead counsel in insurance dispute involving coverage for a medical malpractice claim. Obtained summary judgment in favor of the insurer due to untimely notice, decision upheld on appeal, cert. denied by Ohio Supreme Ct. Wright State Physicians, Inc. v. Doctors Co., 2016-Ohio-8367 (Ohio 2d App. Dist. Dec. 23, 2016).
- Represented insurer in obtaining dismissal with prejudice of coverage action based on insured’s untimely notice of claims. Colorbok, LLC v. Scottsdale Indem. Co., No. 14 CV 009269 (Ct. C.P. Franklin Cnty., Ohio, Aug. 5, 2015).
- Represented banking institution in contract dispute arising from a prior settlement agreement with the plaintiff. Obtained reversal of trial court’s decision granting summary judgment in favor of the plaintiff. McClusky v. Century Bank, FSB, 598 Fed. Appx. 383 (6th Cir. 2015).
- Represented insurer in obtaining partial summary judgment on a banking claim under an internet services exclusion. Bank of Rhode Island v. Progressive Cas. Ins. Co., 19 F. Supp. 3d 378 (D.R.I. 2014).
- Represented life insurance company in dispute between family members over policy proceeds. Prevailed on all claims against life insurance company at trial. Lynch v. Greenwald, et al., No. 26083 (Ct. C.P. Summit Cnty., Ohio 2011).
- Obtained preliminary injunction prohibiting shooting range from operating due to hazard to neighboring manufacturing and testing facility, decision upheld on appeal. Battelle Mem. Inst. V. Big Darby Creek Shooting Range, 192 Ohio App. 3d 287 (Ohio 12th App. Dist. 2011).
- Represented two excess insurers in landmark D&O case enforcing excess policies’ exhaustion provisions. Citigroup Inc. v. Fed. Ins. Co., 649 F.3d 367 (5th Cir. 2011); Citigroup, Inc. v. Nat’l Union Fire Ins. Co., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 60128 (S.D. Tex. May 28, 2010).
- Extern, Department of Labor, Solicitor's Office, Atlanta District Office, 2004.
- Intern for Administrative Judge Alison Smith, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Atlanta District Office, 2003.
- Teaching Fellow, City University of Hong Kong, English Language Centre, 2001-2002.
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012 - 2019
- Super Lawyer, 2021
Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, University of Michigan Alumni Club of Central Ohio, 2007-present
- Board Member, University of Michigan Alumni Club of Central Ohio, 2007-2013
- Mentor, Supreme Court of Ohio's Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program, 2012, 2013, 2016
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- University of Michigan (B.A., with distinction , in Political Science and French, 2001)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit